POLICIES & PROCEDURES
We/Us- uPlay Sports Management Ltd.
– All bookings can be made online by going to www.uplaysports.co.uk
– Bookings are subject to availability
– Once your booking has been made you can assume your space is reserved unless you hear otherwise from us
– All fields of the application form must be completed to confirm your booking
– Payment must be received in advance to confirm your booking
– Payments can be made online
– It is your responsibility to make sure that you are there to pick your child up on time after their session has finished.
– You should wear appropriate sports clothing, non-marking trainers, no jewellery and long hair should be tied back.
– Any form of abuse towards any of our staff will not be tolerated.
– Anyone that is deemed to be too disruptive to the class due to antisocial behaviour will not be allowed to continue on the course and no refund will be issued. However, every effort will be made to resolve any issues should this arise.
– In the event of inclement weather you must assume the group will go ahead unless you hear otherwise from us.
– Any sessions cancelled by us prior to the start time will be made up at another time of our choosing. Every effort will be made to put the make up session on a date and time that suits the majority where possible.
– Once a session has started it is deemed to have taken place and will not be made up if the weather turns bad during the session.
– The coach may leave the club after 15 minutes passed the start time if nobody shows and has not been warned of your late arrival.
– No refunds will be issued once enrolled onto a course.
– If you miss a session you may ask permission to make it up in another group that term providing there is another group on offer that is of a suitable level and there is sufficient space to accommodate any extra persons. If you wish to do this you MUST confirm with us.
– Any courses that have insufficient numbers of participants may be cancelled at our discretion.
– If a session is cancelled by us due to coach unavailability we will make up that session during the week following the last week of the course.
– An administration fee may be applied to transactions or changes requested by the customer. One example could be where uPlay Sports would incur a bank or credit card fee.
Membership and group pricing at HBS LTC
– The block-booking price is only available to members of HBS LTC.
– Non-members are permitted to attend sessions for a maximum of 3 sessions, after which they must join as a member to continue.
– Membership is not required for Tots Tennis session attendees.
Direct Debit Coaching Plan – Tennis Groups at Hitchin Boys School Lawn Tennis Club and Biggleswade Tennis Club
Please ensure you have fully read and understood the terms and conditions
How to Set-up your Direct Debit
- Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the participant name, group name and day you would like to attend and that you would like to sign up to the direct debit system.
- You will then receive an email from GoCardless asking you to authorise uPlay Sports to set up your direct debit.
- Click on the link in the email and fill out the form and you’re done!
- The Direct Debit is now set up and you are protected by the Direct Debit guarantee as always!
Hitchin Boys School Lawn Tennis Club
|Cost per Term
Red, Orange, Green & Yellow Groups
Mixed Coaching 1 & Rusty Rackets
|Cost per Term
|Cost per Term Mixed Coaching 2 & Monday Drills
|Spring Term 2020
|Summer Term 2020
|Autumn Term 2020
|Total Cost per year
|Total DD per month
Biggleswade Tennis Club
|Cost per Term
|Spring 2020 (12 weeks)
|Summer 2020 (12 weeks)
|Autumn 2020 (14 weeks)
|Total Cost per year
|Total DD per month
The Direct Debit is now set up and you are protected by the Direct Debit guarantee as always! Fees include Direct Debit charges incurred by uPlay Sports
Direct Debit Coaching Plan Terms and Conditions
- Direct debit payments will be taken monthly. The monthly fee is worked out by dividing the total yearly cost of all three terms by 12 months. Your choice of coaching group on joining will determine the fees you pay. The table above sets out the fees payable depending on the group you join.
- uPlay Sports Management Ltd. has appointed GoCardless to collect your payments.
- Fees are collected on the 1st of each month, or the nearest working day thereafter, and fees remain in force unless cancelled. Your first month’s fee may be collected on the day your account is set up depending on the date you sign up; every payment thereafter will be set to the 1st of each month or the nearest working day thereafter.
- The first payment will be double the monthly fee to cover any unscheduled cancellation of the direct debit. All payments will be ratified with a participant’s attendance at the end of the direct debit contract.
- Subscriptions continue in force until the player decides to cancel or amend their subscription.
- Participants of the coaching programme must be members of HBS LTC. Fees for membership are payable annually to Hitchin Boys’ School by cheque or cash.
- If your bank fails to make a direct debit payment from your account when due uPlay Sports will write or email to advise you of this. An administration fee of £20 may be charged for each failed direct debit payment.
- Coaching plan fees and other fees are reviewed periodically. Subscription charges are as stated above and may be varied by the management. Direct debit subscribers will be given at least 10 working days written notice of any changes to their direct debit and coaching plan subscription.
- Players will be refused entry if outstanding payment issues are not settled and any payments outstanding 30 days after becoming due are liable for immediate recovery by lawful means.
- Coaching Plans may be refused or rescinded with good reason at the discretion of the management at any time and admission to uPlay Sports Coaching Programmes may also be refused to any member or their guest at the discretion of the management.
- Coaching Plans are personal to the member and may not be assigned transferred sold on or otherwise dealt with and players who ‘lend’ their Coaching Plans to third parties will have their Coaching Plans rescinded without a refund.
- Once you have signed up to the DD coaching plan you are bound by the terms below:
- If you cancel your direct debit before the end of the course term and the full cost of the course for the term you are in has not been met, you will be liable to pay the difference.
- If you wish to cancel prior to the commencement of the next term you must inform us 1 whole week before that term starts. E.g. you wish to discontinue after the Summer term and not re-enrol for the Autumn term, you must let us know at least one week before the start of the Autumn term.
- You are liable to pay the full terms fees if you do not inform us of your cancellation by this time.
- You must give one full months written notice to cancel a Coaching Plan subscription.
- Your cancellation will take effect at the end of the month for which the final direct debit payment has been paid. Written notice must be given by email to email@example.com via Post to: uPlay Sports Management Ltd., Flat 16, 2 Tufnell Park Road, London N7 0DP. We cannot accept verbal notice to amend or cancel a coaching plan subscription.
- Proof of postage requesting cancellation, hand delivered letters countersigned/photocopied by uPlay Sports staff or e-mail are the only criteria accepted as confirmation of cancellation in the event of a dispute. No member of staff or coach is authorised to give verbal confirmation of termination of membership.
- A player who terminates their Coaching Plan will have no claim to any refund of their charge(s). A player whose Coaching Plan is terminated will forfeit all the privileges and benefits of the Coaching Plan.
uPlay Sports Safeguarding & Protecting Children
uPlay Sports offer sporting activities to children aged between 4 – 16 years old in a variety of settings and venues across the South of England. This is primarily delivered through courses and clubs, schools, local venues and extends to day camps during school holidays.
uPlay Sports are committed to supporting all young people to enjoy and excel in sporting activities and fully recognise our duty of care towards young and vulnerable people. We fully recognise children need a safe, protective and nurturing environment if they are to fulfil their potential, which in turn provides reassurance to parents that their children will be happy and safe.
The uPlay Sports policy is informed by the government guidance ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children – a guide to inter-agency working to safeguard and promote the welfare of children, HM Government 2015’. This guidance, which is applicable in England, sets out the legislative requirements and expectations on individual services to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and provides the framework to which Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCBs) monitor the effectiveness of local services.
As part of our safeguarding policy we will:
- Promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
- Ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual(s) who raise or disclose the concern.
- Ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored.
- Ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
In the rare event that a child or vulnerable adult goes missing from an activity, we have clear guidelines to outline the actions that should be taken. This is briefed to all of our team and sits within our Safeguarding Policy, our emergency procedures are available at all of our venues for staff to follow in the unlikely event this situation should arise.
Our staff are trained to deal with confidential data in a sensitive manner. Any confidential information will be held securely and only discussed with the Head Coach and parent / guardian concerned.
What is your Policy on Behaviour Management?
At uPlay Sports we promote a positive environment, mutual respect and encouragement are key in helping a child to flourish. Our code of behaviour is discussed by our Head Coach at the start of day camp to ensure all children are clear on what is expected of them.
We strive to encourage good behaviour and ensure each child has a positive experience within our camps. Staff are trained to intervene should any negative behaviour compromise the atmosphere within camp. Our preferred choice is to correct such behaviour and explain why this is important, setting goals to help the child correct negative behaviour. If the situation does not improve, regrettably we may have to exclude the child from camp.
Equal Opportunities & Diversity
We are committed to create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our coaches and Children are recognised and valued. Our policies on equality and diversity resonate through all we do at uPlay Sports
Everyone is entitled to an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
Our staff are trained to deal with such situations and all cases will be treated seriously. Our staff will intervene at the earliest opportunity, all cases will be dealt with in accordance with our safeguarding policies.
Health, Hygiene and Food Policy
We promote a positive, healthy active lifestyle within our camps. Many of our coaches are at International level within their chosen sport.
Good Hygiene is promoted during Camp with fresh drinking water is available at all times throughout the day.
Should your child become unwell during camp you will be notified straight away and immediate collection is required to ensure other camp members are not affected. We are unable to accept any children who are ill as this is unfair to other camp members and our coaching team.
During Extreme weather conditions, suitable clothing / sun protection is required. Please ensure during hot weather sun cream is applied before your child is dropped off at camp and ensure your child knows how to reapply suncream as necessary throughout the day.
Although we recognise that this cannot be guaranteed, uPlay Sports camps aim to be a Nut-Free environment. This policy serves to set out all measures to reduce the risk to those children and adults who may suffer an anaphylactic reaction if exposed to nuts.
We ask that children attending sessions and camps do not bring in nuts or nut-related products as snacks or in their packed lunch. Our “Nut-Free Policy” means that the following items should not be brought in:
Packs of nuts ; Peanut butter sandwiches ; Fruit and cereal bars that contain nuts ; Chocolate bars or sweets that contain nuts ; Sesame seed rolls (children allergic to nuts may also have a severe reaction to sesame); Cakes made with nuts
Health and Safety Policy
uPlay Sports set out a commitment to achieving good standards of health and safety for all our participants and coaches through clear and well communicated policies.
Our aim is to make quality sports coaching available to as many people as possible. We want to ensure our customers have a positive experience on any of our courses and ensure they reflect our core principles of being safe, professional, organised, educational and fun!
We complete the following checks to ensure we work within our key health and safety policy documents;
Site Risk Assessments, on the job risk management, manual Handling, safe working practices including safe systems of work, fire safety including emergency evacuation, first aid provision, outdoor working, slips trips and falls.
uPlay Sports Management Ltd. is Ofsted registered and therefore complies with all welfare and learning and development requirements. Not only can you rest assured that the staff caring for your children are fully vetted, but also our high standards are delivered at each venue for your peace of mind. Our policies and procedures are regularly updated to ensure we meet all necessary requirements and the welfare of the children in our care always takes priority.
We have an registration number and unique OFSTED registration numbers for the venues we use. These numbers will be required if you need to set up childcare vouchers with us, give feedback or view previous inspection reports.
Director – Paul Bishop Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07527 640599
Ofsted No.: RP900245
Phone: 0300 123 1231
Address: The National Business Unit, Ofsted, Piccadilly Gate, Store Street, Manchester, M1 2WD
We always endeavour to provide the highest level of service across all our activities. However, if you are at all not happy with the service you have received please get in touch with us at email@example.com and we will be sure to get back to you to address any concerns you may have.